Brad Rutledge

Friday, June 5, 2009

Powerful & affordable business tools I use Part I


This is a quick post to highlight some of the business tools I use at Rutledge Consulting Group that are 1. affordable or free; 2. allow me to utilize technology to be more productive. I'm always on the hunt for new tools to make my life easier - aren't we all?

Google Rocks
I know I've only scratched the surface on the tools & capabilities that Google keeps putting out there - but I've discovered a few key tools that I use on a daily basis - and each doesn't cost anything.
  • Grand Central or Google Phone - This is a super cool & useful feature that is great for small businesses, consultants - or anyone wanting ONE number that people can always use to reach them. When you sign up, you select an area code & request a number. If the system is still accepting new number requests (I've seen it where new numbers have been temporary blocked) - you'll have a choice of available numbers with that area code. You pick the one you like - and BOOM - you're up and running. Some of the features include (Call Screening, ListenIn, Call Record, Block Callers, Notifications via email or SMS, ability to ring multiple phones at once - or change phone you want to ring, personalized voicemail per caller (this is a cool feature for clients - you can have a vm that starts, "Thanks for calling Allen, I'm not available right now ...") -- some of the other features that are available that I haven't tried yet include a WebCall Button - people call call you w/out seeing your number, ability to switch phones in the middle of a call (when the cell battery is dieing, and Visual Voicemail for your mobile phone).
  • iGoogle - I know a lot of people already use this - but it allows you to set up ONE page where you can see and interact with other key Web apps or news feeds. I use mine now for Twitter, FaceBook, Pandora, Wall Street Journal, YouTube, Comics, Photo Galleries, Weather, Movies, etc. - I'm just now getting into this & it rocks!
Next I'll overview some low cost business lines and free conference calling
magic jack, free conference

Then, some of my favorite online radio stations
slacker, pandora

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home