Brad Rutledge

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can Traffic School Help? (again ...)


Well, I got another speeding ticket yesterday. It was similar to the one I received earlier this year, where I was on a city street that merges directly onto the highway. Yesterday I was driving on West Temple - and about 1/2 a block before it technically becomes the on-ramp to I-15 South, when I saw a moto cop in my rear view mirror speed out with his lights roaring.

I have NEVER been able to get out of a ticket when pulled over for speeding. It's honestly something I've had a lot of practice with - but for some reason, my various tactics have never worked. I've tried:


> Acting extremely sorry
> To be surprised & sorry
> In a hurry - "can you help me out today?'
> Being upset
> To find a technical loophole - "I'd like to see the radar gun" - and even "when was the last time this was calibrated?"

None of these have ever worked. In fact when I tried the Technical Loophole play, the cop informed me that he was the Laser & Radar Detector trainer manager for all of Salt Lake County - he gave me an in-depth lesson on how the technology works - and showed me the record of when his machine had last been calibrated (the day prior).

I've heard numerous stories of friends (usually females) who have gotten a warning. I'd love a warning - just once! This, for some reason, is one of my weaknesses! Why can't I do better???

I already attended Traffic School once this year - I think there is a limit of attending only once per year. Looks like I'm screwed here too. Guess I could always try to slow down ...

1 Comments:

  • I think getting out of a ticket is simply a matter of record. If you have the slightest blemish on your record (aka just one ticket) you are marked. Particularly you are marked if you have all your tickets from the same police department. If this is SLC city police department, based on my interactions with them, it is impossible to intellectually talk your way out of a ticket. What you need is some female persuasion skills (aka cleavage).

    By Blogger Loveinatrashcan, At July 10, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home